Thursday 19 May 2011

The Starbucks Drought

My heart always sinks when i think about the lack of Starbucks chains Holland has, in sheer desperation for my regular fix i undergo a 20 Minute Journey so that i may purchase my iced caramel macchiato (grande please).

The journey is not just long but adds an extra 6 euros for travel so i pay ummm about 12 euros for a drink and to rub salt in the wound the starbucks in AMS C is the size of a shoe box and always full. In desperation i buy the raw ingredients and attempt to master the art of the macchiato

Don't laugh, desperate times call for desperate measures...and just so i dont seem like the odd one out a twitter campaign has been started in Holland to encourage Starbucks to open up more chains in other provinces such as Almere where there is a serious drought of our favourite coffee chain.

I did conduct my own market research and asked my fellow Dutchmen why they dont have a heavy starbucks presence and the resounding answer is "we Dutch people like REAL coffee, starbucks is for students and ammatures"'.

Give it another 10years and we'll see about that!

4 comments:

  1. FYI- The European Starbucks Support Center in based in Amsterdam, in addition to being the regional headquarters for EMEA.

    Oh the irony

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmmmmmm, now you know how I feel, Starbucks have disappeared from my side of the world (hint hint). Haven't had as Starbucks after no. 2 :(((((. But I have mastered the 'art of the macchiato'. You want me to teach you...........you have to come over moooowwwwwaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh (evil laugh, haunting isn't it ). sluuuurrrrrrrrrrppp, mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, il be sure ro beg steal and borrow to finance the macchiato master class. Thanks for the offer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehehehehehehe, you do that it is a good investment, paying several $$$$$$$ thousands for this class, I'm telling you, you won't regret it. I'll throw in a nappy changing class for you free of charge, hehehehehehehe, and you know what I will even let you take over this nappy changing privilege from me. Sometimes I am amazed at how considerate and giving I am, I just give and give......there is no end in sight :))))))))))))))))).

    ReplyDelete